I'm linking up for Taste of Tuesday, and I thought I'd share my FAVORITE chili recipe. I look forward to cool weather to make this chili on a cozy Sunday. You make it in the crock pot, so it's super easy and makes your house smell amazing all day.
This recipe is adapted from Jimmy Fallon's crock pot chili recipe found here. I've made some swaps to make it tastier, easier, and slightly "skinnier."
So here is what you need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2- 3 lbs ground turkey
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 "bunch" fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle amber beer
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- Greek yogurt, for serving (instead of sour cream)
- Chop cilantro, onion, pepper and garlic
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add turkey and cook until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to skillet and reduce heat to medium. Add onions, garlic, and serrano; season with salt. Cook until translucent.
- In a 6-quart Crock-Pot, combine turkey, onion mixture, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper; stir to combine. Add tomatoes, cilantro, and beer; cover and cook on high, stirring occasionally, for 5 hours.
- Add kidney beans and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, uncovered, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve with shredded cheese and Greek yogurt.
So there you have it! Super easy and delicious!
What are some of your favorite crock pot recipes?